Well we shall see what i find on the net i.e good music videos and freestyles so expect a lot of westwood shows on here which is always a good thing... and maybe a chimpanze on a segway... oh and lets not forget my daily thoughts on things that pass through my mind which can be good or bad depends how you want to lookat things.

Wednesday 30 September 2009

Interview With Mr Midas



Me) A lot of people know you from T4's musicool. What influence and experience did you take from the show?

MR Midas) Hmmmm not sure I've always liked other music but probably more then anything I grew as a person, the show showed me that people are the same and music can unite races, sex and alsorts...

Me)On the show peoples styles ranged from Grunge to Pop to R&B to Bashment. Since the show how have those genres helped your develop your music?

Mr Midas) Well the title track to my album is featuring Darren Michelangelo Smith from the show which isn’t a dancehall song so its changed the feel and direction of some of my music.

Me) Out of everyone on the show who have you/are you working with?

Mr Midas) Darren is like a close friend to me so I'm mainly working wit him, Mz Bratts doing big things very proud of her and I’ve dun a few rock gigs with Fi from eyelash.


Me) Wile Out was your debut song, which featured Blemish, the single got heavy rotation the then famous Channel U, people slated that channel as they said it promoted the gun and knife culture affecting the U.K. How did the Channel help you move forward in your career?

Mr Midas) When I came off the musicool TV show Channel U showed me a lot of love, they spun my video a lot and I did a couple adverts and TV shows with them. They gave lot of love that other ‘big’ stations wouldn’t even though I just come off a 2million viewers a week TV show, so go nuttin but love for them.

Me) That song got you the UMA best newcomer award. How do you feel about award shows like the mobo's + Brits as people don't think they represent the real music that is about from the Urban genres?

Mr Midas) Well I don’t think the UMA’s has ever been in that position, they’ve always been successful in nominating and awarding the correct artist and the reason is, its all public votes. (Like when the brits Craig david didn’t win anything but he cleaned up at the UMAs).

Winning my award was an amazing experience, one of the best in my career thus far but I don’t think it was just because of Wile Out because a lot of people who voted never heard the song or seen the video.

I personally got love for the MOBO’s because its something out there for black music.

Me) You have worked with some big artists like Dready, Dexplicit, Fire Camp and Big Dirtz. What Other artists would like to work with that has influenced your career from the past or present?

Mr Midas) I’ve been blessed that people with huge names have wanted to work with me, its crazy sometimes I’m like im some dude from Brixton and I’m working with people that have classic’s…. like on my album I got production from Dready, Sticky, Self Taught, Richie Rich and even Bad Boy Records new producer Flor-d.

I’d love to work wit Sway and Chris Martin from Cold play, oh the Gorillas too.

Me) You have kept mainly to the same genre mainly through your career which is Bashment. But would you move to another genre just for that one big hit? As people are talking about artists who they claim to have left the scene which made them, what are your thoughts about the fans that then decide to boycott that artists music?

Mr Midas) Well me a real yard yute… Si me a it dat…

Looool Nah seriously I just make Mr Midas music, my styles bashment but my sounds not. Ras Kwame is always like I love this but its not Dancehall… Well its Mr Midas lol.

The album im working on is a fusion of me…. English ermmmm nah I mean British, Jamaican and Bayjon (Barbados) all the little sides that make this Mr the talent he is.


Me) Your new single Midas Featuring David B is currently out. Is that the first single off your future album? In Which there has been rumours about some big producers and collaborations?

Mr Midas) Well not much big NAME callabos… I mostly made the album about me!! But as you’ve seen I’ve already name dropped some big producers lol But yea Midas is the 2nd Promo single Wile Out was the 1st…. The albums gonna be a lot just need the right machine to work the product.

Me) You have recently filmed a advert for B.E.T. Are there anymore plans to carry on acting once your album is done?

Yea! I’m a presenter now since the musicool show, I’ma ras chat a box and I love a camera in my face so that’s a great combo for me loool

but yea acting, presenting, music it just another part of this Mr.

Last Word:

Just a big shout out to everyone who’s showed love and supported the movement.

Make sure u check out the new video Mr Midas feat David B – MIDAS
Request it on Flava TV by emailing ‘Mr Midas feat David B - MIDAS to request@chartshow.tv’
Request it onChannel aka Text code 4286 to 81700
Or watch on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3iFHB5hHNA



Tune available to buy on Itune, Amazon, Napster and all good online music stores.

Follow me on twitter, myspace and facebook.

And keep the love poppin’

www.facebook.com/mrmidasmusic
www.twitter.com/mrmidasmusic
www.myspace.com/mrmidasmusic

Me) Thanks for your time and i wish you the best for your album, and your future endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment